In a previous article, I had tried to move a XNA+Vb.Net game developped on Windows to Ubuntu.
I had limited success (I was only able to install monodevelop + monogame for C#).
This time I restarted from scratch :
-install ubuntu 14.04
-sudo apt-get install gnome-sharp2 mono-xsp4 (not sure about this line)
-sudo apt-get install libglade2.0-cil-dev (not sure about this line)
-sudo apt-get install monodoc-base
-sudo apt-get install monodevelop mono-vbnc
At this point, monodevelop (4.x) works and I can write vb.net programs.
-sudo apt-get install libmonogame-cil-dev monodevelop-monogame
At this point I can write c# monogame programs (a new template for monogame c# appears).
I then imported a vb.net monogame program and it works 🙂
I had to copy paste the monogame dll in the game folder thus.